Well Hello!! This is the recipe I use every time I make caramel slice! Its pretty much the same recipe that used to be on the back of the Chocolate melts pkt, I just add more chocolate! It’s SO EASY and only has 8 ingredients and for something with 3 layers that’s pretty amazing. Most ingredients you may already have in your cupboard. This is NOT a healthy recipe! It’s so dam tasty but its full of fat and sugar! We have no self-control so when I make this I share it amongst family or have my man take it to work to share other wise we would literally eat it all!
-1 cup of plain flour (I’ve used coconut flour before, wholemeal flour what ever you want to try)
-1/2 cup desiccated coconut
-1/2 Brown Sugar
-125g Melted Butter
-2x395g tins condensed Milk
-1/3 cup Golden Syrup
-375g Nestle Chocolate Melts
-1 Tablespoon of rice bran oil or vegetable oil
1. Pre Heat your oven to 180•c
2. Line your tray with baking paper (I use a 30x20cm tray, no bigger as this is a thin base, for thicker base use a smaller tray)
TIP – To get your baking paper to stay in place sprinkle a TINY bit if water around the tray and place the paper on top
3. Mix the melted butter, flour, coconut and sugar together and press into the tray
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown, once golden take it out to cool
5. While base is cooling, put condensed milk, golden syrup and butter into a small/medium saucepan and stir over a medium heat until butter is melted and all is combined. You don’t want it to boil or for it to stick to the bottom at all.
6. Pour over the base and put back into the oven for
7. Let cool for 10 minutes
8. Melt your chocolate with your oil which ever way you prefer. I just put it into a small saucepan on low heat and stir until melted then remove from the heat.The oil just ensures that the chocolate is easy to cut through
9. Pour over caramel and leave out to cool until the tray is cool to touch
10. Once Tray is cool put in the fridge and slice when ever your ready!
11. EAT IT!
Enjoy!! Slice it into small pieces it’s so rich!
If you’re wondering what on earth my kids are up to while I bake and take my blog pics, the little two are playing in babies play pen while the older 3 are watching a movie!
I would love to know if you make this and how it goes for you!